COVID 19 Update
Dear Valued Customer
Podiatry and Physiotherapy services are classed as healthcare, and your visit to the clinic is a medical appointment. Therefore, we are exempt from closure during national or local lockdowns (all tiers). If you have an appointment already booked with us, please attend your appointment.
We reassure you that we have Health & Safety uppermost in our minds. We are following all the Covid-19 safe regulations to ensure appointments go ahead safely. We continue to wear the correct PPE, and maintain high levels of hygiene within the clinic. Having talked to our governing bodies and looked at the guidelines for healthcare workers, we are confident that our plan for your appointment adheres to their strict principles.
Here’s how we plan to manage our “New Normal” hands on practice.
When you come to clinic you will see that:
- All patients and visitors wear a mask
- All patients and visitors have their temperature taken before they come inside reception
- All patients are asked to sanitise their hands
- Perspex screens are in place at the reception desk
- All staff wear appropriate PPE
- We have an extensive cleaning and disinfecting process
- Behind the scenes, all staff observe strict social distancing and safe working practices.
Staggering appointments – as we have a number of practitioners in at any one time, we will be staggering appointments. We are allowing extra time between the appointments to enable room sanitisation and a rapid flow of patients through the practice, to minimise contact.
PPE (personal protective equipment) – All our practitioners will be wearing PPE (personal protective equipment) – masks, aprons, gloves and visors. Practitioners will change their PPE between each patient.
Skin cleanser – Our Podiatrists use a skin cleanser called chlorhexidine both before your treatment and after.
Pre-screening calls – We will be conducting pre-screening calls 24 hours before your appointment to ensure that you are in good health and to ask the following of you:
- Have you returned from abroad in the last 14 days?
- Do you have a cough or temperature?
- Have you been in contact with anyone who has a cough or a temperature?
- Have you been asked to self-isolate?
- Are you pregnant or immuno-compromised?
How you can help
- Please use the hand sanitiser gel, or wash your hands with soap and water on arrival at the time of your appointment. Facilities are available both in the downstairs cloakroom and the cloakroom at the top of the stairs.
- If you are early please wait in your car.
- If there are more than 2 people in the waiting room, please wait in your car.
- Please limit the number of family members, carers and children accompanying you to your appointment if at all possible.
We very much appreciate your patience and understanding and would like to thank everyone for the kind messages of support that we have received.
We are now looking forward to welcoming you back to Forest Foot & Health Clinic.
Please leave a voicemail message if we are unable to answer your call immediately and we will return your call as soon as possible.
Thank you for your patience and understanding at this very difficult time for everyone.
We do recognise that for some people, especially those who are shielding, there is an additional concern is coming out to attend your appointments. please do not hesitate to contact us on 02380 814903 or online via https://www.forestfootandhealth.com/contact-us
The Forest Foot and Health Clinic team would like to thank you for your ongoing support. We look forward to seeing you in our clinic for your next appointment